tmedia
Main content

CFC TV

Silvagni talks pre-Draft

10:11am  Nov 24, 2017

Players' draft memories & advice

3:27pm  Nov 23, 2017

Tomorrow's Heroes | Adam Cerra

6:00am  Nov 23, 2017

Cuningham extends contract

Carlton Media  September 14, 2017 7:05 PM

Cuningham's Rising Star performance Watch David Cuningham's best moments from the weekend's game, which saw him earn the Rising Star nomination for Round 12.

Carlton Football Club is excited to announce young midfielder David Cuningham has signed a new two-year deal, keeping him in the navy blue until at least the end of the 2019 season. 

The 20-year-old becomes the last of the 2015 draft class to recommit to the Blues.

Managing eight games for Carlton in his second season, Cuningham made his mark on the competition with a nomination for the 2017 NAB AFL Rising Star following his impressive display against Greater Western Sydney in Round 12. 

Head of Football Andrew McKay said the Club was thrilled to have secured the talented youngster in a period of growth for Carlton. 

“David has made great progress in his second year at Carlton and he’s an exciting prospect for the future of the Club,” McKay said. 

“He’s demonstrated a strong work ethic and is committed to developing in his midfield role. 

“We’re delighted to see his career continue at the Club for a further two years.” 

AFL 2017 Round 12 - Carlton v GWS Giants
Cuningham will feature in the Blues' midfield for at least the next two seasons. (Photo: AFL Media)

Cuningham arrived at Ikon Park via pick 23 in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft. After overcoming a hip injury earlier last year, the 183cm midfielder made his AFL debut against Brisbane in Round 21 of the 2016 season. 

His re-signing is the Club’s fifth since the completion of the 2017 home and away season, with Alex Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Matthew Kreuzer and Sam Rowe all putting pen to paper on new deals.