Cameron Giles thinks his versatility will help him become a regular at the Blues. (Photo: Michael Willson/AFL Media)
In the lead-up to Round 1 we’ll be speaking to Carlton’s new recruits to find out a bit more about what makes them tick.
Up first .. Cameron Giles!
1. How would you describe your style of play?
Versatile and quick.
2. What would you say is your greatest strength?
My ability to play in a variety of different positions.
3. Who was your football hero when you were growing up?
4. Outside of the AFL, who is your sporting hero?
5. When you’re not training and playing, what do you like to spend your time doing?
Relaxing and catching up with my mates.
6. Where is the best place you have ever been on a holiday?
The Gold Coast because it was hot and I got a great tan.
7. If you had to cook to impress someone what would you cook?
8. Favourite food?
Weet-Bix with honey.
9. If you weren’t playing football, what would you be doing?
I’d be studying Human Movement.
10. What are your goals for the year ahead?
I’m just aiming to get through the pre-season injury free, play well in the VFL and maybe get a few AFL games under my belt.