AFL TICKET AND ENTRY CONDITIONS
NOTICE TO ALL PATRONS
These AFL Ticket and Entry Conditions (Conditions) form an agreement between the Australian
Football League (AFL) and any person who:
- (a) has a ticket to an AFL or AFLW match or any other Australian Football match administered by the AFL (Match), event or function at an AFL venue (which includes all surrounding areas under the control of the venue owner or hirer) (Venue);
- (b) has a right to attend any Match, event or function at a Venue; and/or
- (c) enters a Venue.
Each such person (You) agrees to these Conditions and must ensure that any person under the age of 18 years of age (or otherwise incapable of giving consent) whom You buy or provide a ticket for or accompanies you to a Match, event or function at a Venue, will also comply.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY You agree as follows:
- from the time of entry to the Venue to at all times have in Your possession a valid ticket and/or accreditation for entry to the Match, event or function, including entry into any restricted areas within the Venue;
- not to bring into the Venue:
- (a) any photographic, video or audio recording equipment for any purpose other than private non-commercial purposes, which includes, without limitation, video and/or audio recorders, camera tripods, monopods or lenses with a total focal length of greater than 200mm or any other commercial digital video equipment;
- (b) any animal (other than a companion animal required for medical reasons as documented in a medical certificate provided by a trained medical specialist);
- (c) any musical instruments or other similar device;
- (d) any chair or stool; or
- (e) any alcohol, glass, cans, firearms, weapons, fireworks or any other items deemed to
be or which may be considered to be dangerous;
- (f) any flag/banner poles or extendable flag/banner poles exceeding 1.6m in length or
whose dimensions are in contravention of the Venue’s specific conditions of entry;
- without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
- not to:
- (a) make any recording or take any photograph for any purpose other than private non-
- (b) make any recording or take any photograph of any person without the authorisation
of that person; or
- (c) sell, license or otherwise publish, disseminate or reproduce (or permit such),
whether in whole or in part, any recordings taken or made inside the Venue (including, without limitation, photographs, video recordings, data recordings or sound recordings);
without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
- if, notwithstanding paragraph 3, You upload, publish or disseminate any user generated content taken or made inside the Venue (including, without limitation, photographs, video recordings, data recordings or sound recordings) to a social media or any digital media platform (User Generated Content), You consent to the commercial exploitation, throughout the world, of that User Generated Content by any means (including, without limitation, by re-sharing or re-posting such content) by the Australian Football League and its commercial partners without compensation on a perpetual, irrevocable and worldwide basis;
- not to broadcast or narrowcast by any means whatsoever (including, without limitation, by way of mobile telephone, transmitter or other wireless device of any kind) any images, sounds, data, results or commentary of or concerning any of the Matches or other activities at the Venue without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
- not to:
- (a) wear or otherwise display commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or
logos of any kind;
- (b) engage in ambush marketing of any kind;
- (c) sell or distribute any goods or services or any other matter or thing;
- (d) collect money or orders from other patrons for goods or services or any other
matter or thing;
- (e) inflate,orcausetoinflate,anyballoon,beachball,receptacle,deviceorstructure;
- (f) open any umbrella if it has the effect of obstructing the view of any other patron or
- (g) conduct public surveys or opinion polls, solicit money, donations or subscriptions
from members of the public; or
- (h) distribute commercial, political, religious or offensive advertising or other
promotional material of any kind,
- without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
- to abide by all lawful and reasonable directions and procedures of the AFL, Venue personnel and security staff while at the Venue for Match, event or function;
- that You are required to adhere to specific dress codes and other policies that may apply to the particular Match, event or function;
- that entry to the Venue is only permitted to spectators who agree to be searched (including, without limitation, their bags, clothes or other possessions) on entry, and continued presence in the Venue is only permitted to spectators who agree to be searched (including, without limitation, their bags, clothes or other possessions) while in the Venue. AFL reserves the right to inspect and search Your bags regardless of size. This may include visually or physically inspecting the bag and/or seeking Your assistance to remove items from the bag. AFL also reserves the right to conduct ‘pat down’, ‘wanding’ or other reasonably personal checks of You as You enter or exit the Venue;
- that the playing field or back of house and stage areas at the Venue shall be out of bounds at all times and You shall not enter the playing field or back of house and stage areas without prior written consent from the Australian Football League. Contravention of this condition may result in You being prosecuted for such contravention;
- that You consent to:
- (a) the recording of Your likeness and/or voice by any means (including but not limited
to audio and visual recordings by television cameras and photographers) (together
- (b) the commercial exploitation, throughout the world, of their Images by any means by
the Australian Football League, AFL affiliates and their respective commercial partners without compensation,
- on a perpetual, irrevocable and worldwide basis;
- that You are required to take appropriate care for Your safety including but not limited to sun protection, hydration and responsible consumption of alcohol;
- that if You are deemed to be, or potentially be, affected by the consumption of alcohol or drugs You may, in the Australian Football League’s discretion, be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue by an authorised official;
- (a) You are admitted to the Venue at Your own risk; and
- (b) that the Australian Football League shall not be liable for any loss or damage
suffered by You asserted to have been caused by any act or omission of the Australian Football League, its agents or employees;
- not to do any of the following in or around the Venue:
- (a) post, stick, place or attempt to post, stick or place any poster, placard, bill, banner,
print, paper or any other advertising material on any building structure, fence, tree, cordon or other thing without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League;
- (b) misuse, deface, damage, remove from the Venue or tamper with or attempt to misuse, deface, damage, remove from the Venue or tamper with any building, seat, chair, toilet, sink, table structure, vehicle, craft, truck, pipe, tap, tap fitting, conduit, electrical equipment, wiring, sign or other thing or excavate or cause to be excavated any part of the area used for any of the Matches, events, functions or other activities at the Venue;
- (c) deposit litter, except in a receptacle provided for that purpose;
- (d) throworattempttothrowanystone,bottle,projectileorotherobject;
- (e) engage in any conduct, act towards or speak to any player, umpire or other official, performer or other patron or attendee in a manner, or engage in any conduct, which threatens, offends, insults, humiliates, intimidates, disparages or vilifies that other person on any basis including, but not limited to, that other person’s race, religion,
colour, descent or national or ethnic origin, special ability/disability or sexual orientation, preference or identity;
- (f) disrupt, interrupt or behave in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any of the Matches, events, functions or other activities at the Venue, distract, hinder or interfere with an AFL Official, player, umpire or performer, interfere with the comfort of other patrons or attendees or their enjoyment of any of the Matches, events, functions or other activities at the Venue;
- (g) use indecent or obscene language or threatening or insulting words, or otherwise behave in a threatening, abusive, riotous, indecent or insulting manner;
- (h) interfere with, obstruct or hinder the Australian Football League or its employees, agents or contractors in the exercise of their powers, functions or duties;
- (i) collect, communicate or transmit any form of commentary, data or other material in relation to the conduct, progress, result or any other aspect of a Match taking place at the Venue for any improper purpose, illegal purpose, or unauthorised commercial purpose;
- (j) in any way, or seek to in any way, improperly influence the conduct, progress, result or any other aspect of a Match, event or function taking place at the Venue, or offer to any third party any bribe or other reward to engage in such activities; or
- (k) smoke or vape in areas within the Venue;
- not to hold Yourself out or otherwise promote Yourself or any good or service as being associated with the Australian Football League, club or player where they are not authorised by the Australian Football League to do so;
- without prejudice to any other rights which the Australian Football League or the Venue
owner or hirer may have, that if You contravene any of these conditions of entry You may:
- (a) be refused entry to the Venue;
- (b) be required by an authorised event official to provide your name, address,
photograph (including submitting to the taking of a photograph) and other relevant
personal information (Personal Information);
- (c) be ejected from the Venue by an authorised official;
- (d) haveYourticketconfiscatedand/orcancelledwithoutrefundorrecompense;
- (e) be prohibited and disqualified, by means of an Official Banning Notice, from
purchasing tickets for and/or entering into any Venue or other function played or
conducted under the auspices of the Australian Football League; and/or
- (f) have legal action taken against You in connection with such matters;
(a) If you are required to provide your Personal Information as set out in paragraph
which can be accessed on the AFL’s website. You consent to the Australian Football League, the Venue and any relevant third party service providers using Your Personal Information in connection with investigating, documenting and analysing any possible breach of these conditions of entry or the law; and
- (b) If You receive an Official Banning Notice You are banned from engaging in any of the Prohibited Activities for the Banned Period (as set out in the Official Banning Notice), and the Australian Football League may vary or re-issue the Official Banning Notice to You if it is satisfied it is reasonably appropriate to do so in the circumstances; and
- (c) If You receive an Official Banning Notice you also consent to the Australian Football League disclosing your Personal Information to third parties to take reasonable steps to enforce the Official Banning Notice.
- that, in the event You are refused entry to or removed from the Venue for any reason in accordance with these conditions of entry, no refund will be paid in respect of the relevant ticket, except where expressly stated otherwise in these Conditions; and
- to abide by any terms of entry into the Venue prescribed by the Venue manager to the extent those terms of entry do not conflict with these Conditions.
- You acknowledge, even with rigorous control measures in place at matches, there is an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19 at a match at this time and you have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with following your attendance at a match. You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. By attending a match you (and any persons who attend a match with you) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks.
- The AFL strongly recommends that all patrons install the applicable State/Territory Government COVIDSafe App on their mobile device, with Bluetooth activated prior to, and during, Your attendance at the Match, function or event.
- The AFL strongly encourages all persons in the AFL industry, including you as a Match attendee, to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as they are practicably able to be. COVID-19 and its variants, including the current Delta and Omicron variants, pose a significant threat to our health and safety and can cause serious illness and, in some circumstances, death.
- By attending the Match, you will be required to comply with any Venue and applicable State/Territory government requirements relating to vaccination against COVID-19 applying at the time of entry to the Venue. To the extent required by those guidelines, only fully vaccinated participants will be eligible for entry to attend the Match.
- If You are feeling unwell, currently have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, or have undertaken a COVID-19 test recently with results pending, You must not seek to obtain entry to the Venue.
- You acknowledge that if you appear to be unwell and exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, or any other symptoms that may place persons at risk, or endanger or impact public health, You may be refused entry to, or may be ejected from, the Venue immediately by an authorised event official.
- You must comply with any applicable public health and safety directions, guidelines or laws relating to COVID-19 in force from time to time while in the Venue.
- No pass outs from the Venue will be available unless approved otherwise by the AFL.
- Subject to any applicable legislation that permits re-selling up to a certain threshold, You agree not to re-sell or offer to re-sell any tickets to the Matches played, or events and functions held, at the Venue at a premium or to use any of them for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including, without limitation, competitions) without the prior written consent of the Australian Football League. If a ticket is sold or used or suspected to have been sold or used in contravention of this condition the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission to the Venue.
- Mobile tickets are the preferred method for entry to Matches, events and functions at the Venue. You will be required to show Your ticket barcode on entry to the Venue. If You purchase tickets for a group and are utilising mobile tickets, ensure every adult has been forwarded and downloaded their ticket onto their mobile prior to entry to the Venue.
- Please refer to the AFL Junior and Concession Ticket Policy for the terms and conditions of junior and concession tickets.
TICKET REFUND CONDITIONS
- As a general policy, subject to these Conditions, a ticket to the Match, event or function at the Venue is non-refundable.
- The AFL may delay, reschedule or cancel the Match, event or function, including as a result of COVID-19 restrictions, regulations or directions issued by the relevant State or the Federal Government or the AFL. In such circumstances, You will only be entitled to a refund for your ticket in accordance with these Conditions or where otherwise required by law.
- If a Match, event or function is cancelled or rescheduled to another date and/or venue, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of Your ticket(s) purchased for that Match, event or function (excluding in respect of any complimentary tickets). Where a refund is
made, the relevant ticket agent may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any fee it has charged for its ticketing services.
- The AFL will not be liable for any indirect losses as a result of the postponement, cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of the Match, event or function including losses in relation to accommodation and flights.
- In the event of extenuating circumstances, the AFL may also facilitate a refund of a ticket if You seek entry to the Venue but are not permitted access to the Venue due to any COVID-19 restrictions, including if you appear to have any COVID-19 symptoms, or if You can produce supporting evidence of Your incapacity to attend a Match, event or function in the circumstances set out in condition 3 under the heading ‘COVID-19 Conditions’ above.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, RELEASE & INDEMNITY
- You acknowledge and agree that your attendance at a Match, event or function at the Venue is not without risk and you accept and voluntarily assume all of the risks, including inherent and obvious risks, arising from your attendance at the Venue. Such risks include but are not limited to suffering injury (including serious injury) or property damage as a result of being struck by a football, collisions with other people or objects, falling or slipping due to the surface or floor being wet, damaged or having rubbish or other items lying on them.
- You agree that your attendance at a Match, event or function at the Venue may cause you personal injury or property damage for which you suffer loss and damage (including economic losses) and you agree to release the AFL for any loss or damage that you may incur.
- You agree that you are responsible for any loss, damage or injury you may cause to yourself or others and that you agree to indemnity the AFL against any claim or liability in respect of such loss, damage or injury.
You acknowledge that, without limiting any other rights which the AFL may have, if you breach any of these Conditions, then you may be refused entry or ejected from the Venue by an authorised official without refund or compensation, have a membership or other ticket confiscated and/or cancelled without refund or compensation, have sanctions imposed against me (including but not limited to being banned from attending, or prohibited from purchasing tickets for, Matches, events or functions in the future) or have legal action taken against you in connection with any breach (including criminal prosecution).
The AFL may amend these Conditions from time to time at its sole discretion without notice. By order of the Australian Football League