“IF WE can get deals done with those clubs, it’d be fantastic.”
Carlton’s GM of List Management and Strategy Stephen Silvagni said the Club would look at a number of ways to complete deals following the commencement of the Telstra Trade Period.
Speaking from Marvel Stadium on Monday morning, Silvagni was quizzed about the likes of Eddie Betts, Jack Martin and Tom Papley ahead of the player movement period.
Maintaining that the Club would respect contracted players from opposition clubs, Silvagni said the Blues had been specific in who they would be targeting over the next 10 days.
“Hopefully what we put on the table will be sufficient enough to get the deal done,” Silvagni said.
“We’ve targeted a couple of players and they’re priorities for us to get over the line.
"We’re confident that we’ll be able to get something done.”
In recent months, Carlton has been linked with a small forward to complement their emerging young talls in attack.
Silvagni said the Club would take an open mind into the trade period.
“You just never know what happens through trade week: a player could be thrown up that comes from left-field,” he said.
“If that happens, that happens.
“Having said that, right at the minute, we’re really specific in what we’re trying to get through the door.”
With the Telstra Trade Period wrapping up on Wednesday 16 October, Silvagni was confident that its conclusion would see a positive result for those at Ikon Park.
"Generally, our club concentrates on what we need to get through the door. What the other clubs are doing, they’re doing," he said.
"Hopefully we’re respectful enough and we can work with the clubs that those players are contracted to that we can get something done and it’s fair and reasonable for both clubs."