In 2018 and 2019, the Carlton Football Club was successful in securing State and Federal funding to upgrade the existing facilities at IKON Park to consolidate it as the home of Women’s football and the long-term base of the Carlton Football Club.
The IKON Park redevelopment is a joint Carlton Football Club, Australian Government, Victorian State Government and AFL-funded initiative that supports broader government initiatives targeting matters of diversity, education, health and wellbeing, equality, inclusion and safety.
Currently in Stage 2, the completion of the redevelopment will see the Carlton Football Club provide an environment where female athletes, support staff and coaches of all abilities have the opportunity to reach their full potential, while also inspiring females across the country.
The IKON Park redevelopment will deliver the following –
Stage 1 :
- Integrated high performance training facilities for AFLW and AFL players, including:
- New changerooms
- New and expanded gymnasium
- New and expanded medical spaces
- Refurbished administration areas.
Stage 2 :
- Upgraded AFLW match-day facilities including:
- Home and away changeroom, with coaches address and medical spaces
- Unisex Umpire changerooms
- Indoor training facility measuring 50m x 25m
- Sports lighting to enable AFLW matches to be broadcast
- Improved amenities for all AFL and AFLW players, staff, spectators and users of Princes Park
- Improved landscaping and connections between IKON Park and Princes Park
The Carlton Football Club worked closely with designers, planners and the City of Melbourne during the concept and design phase of the project, with a focus on utilising existing areas and improving connections between IKON Park and Princes Park. The project team also consulted with neighbouring councils being the City of Yarra and the City of Moreland.
Stage 1 of the redevelopment commenced on Thursday 5 November 2020, while Stage 2 began in April 2021.
Should you have any questions regarding the project please email - firstname.lastname@example.org