The Carlton Football Club is in the final stages of planning as we work towards the part redevelopment of Ikon Park in order to establish it as the home of women’s football.
The redevelopment will create an environment where female athletes, support staff and coaches of all abilities will have the opportunity to reach their full potential, while also inspiring females across the country.
The project is a joint Carlton Football Club, Australian Government, Victorian State Government and AFL funded initiative that supports broader government initiatives targeting matters of diversity, education, health and wellbeing, equality, inclusion and safety.
The Ikon Park redevelopment will deliver the following –
Stage 1 :
- Integrated high performance training facilities for AFLW and AFL players, including:
- New changerooms
- New and expanded gymnasium
- New and expanded medical spaces
- Refurbished administration areas.
Stage 2 :
- Upgraded AFLW match-day facilities including:
- Home and away changeroom, with coaches address and medical spaces
- Unisex Umpire changerooms
- Indoor training facility measuring 50m x 25m
- Sports lighting to enable AFLW matches to be broadcast
- Improved amenities for all AFL and AFLW players, staff, spectators and users of Princes Park
- Improved landscaping and connections between Ikon Park and Princes Park
The Carlton Football Club has worked closely with designers, planners and the City of Melbourne during the concept and design phase of the project, with a focus on utilising existing areas and improving connections between Ikon Park and Princes Park. The project team has also consulted with neighbouring councils being the City of Yarra and the City of Moreland.
Stage 1 of the redevelopment had already obtained planning approval and commenced on Thursday 5 November.
Planning approval for Stage 2 of the project is currently underway with the City of Melbourne, with the intention to commence works in April 2021.
Should you have any questions regarding the project please email - firstname.lastname@example.org